View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #31
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowplay View Post
Hmm that case is very interesting. I checked that Amazon store's other items for the Sony Readers and see there's also an "Executive Jacket". Either one looks like a nice fit.

With the case you mentioned do you read it through the plastic or do you take it out for actual reading? I always have mixed feelings about cases of that nature. You get full protection from dust, spills, etc., but you sacrifice some visual quality at the same time or add in the inconvenience of adding/remove the case regularly. Let me know what life with that case is like.
You read <through> the plastic, it is not necessary to take it out, except to turn it on (it turns itself off). That's the greatest plus to me, it's much more than a case--it's a protector.

Plus it gives you a lot more surface area to hold the 505 by. There is virtually no loss of visual quality...although this may change as the plastic overlay yellows with age and gets a few scratches or stains.

Beware though that it probably won't work well with the dark blue 505, only with the silver one.

I have the James Patterson special 505 as well as the silver 505 (truth be told BOTH are silver models, but you apply the James Patterson decals yourself) which resulted in a dark red color to the decaled device. The dark red shows glare much much more than the sliver one when viewed through the Leisure case. So I bet with the dark blue 505 you would have the same thing happen.

I'd suggest you wait until you get your 505, as it comes with its own case. See if you think you need the lesiure case after a few days of use with the included case.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote