View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #15
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Why don't you move on from moaning about it, and instead fix it? Write the code for your 'rescan' button, ensure it doesn't break Windows or OS-X, provide the patch, and see what happens?
Charles, if you think you can do it without stepping on too many toes, can you (or anyone else) tell me a bit more about this? I'm mostly a Windows user, but I run several Linux systems also. I always thought issues like this were handled by the package maintainer. When Calibre tries to access an ereader, I suppose it assumes it's mounted. In Windows/OSX, apparently, that's true, and if it's not accessible there's an error message.

In Linux, I would have thought the ereader would have been mounted the same way - presumably when the ereader was first connected? It seems that's not always the case, at least not for all distros - and thus mount-helper is provided? And the package maintainer removed it?

The OP wants a "Rescan" button because Calibre knows about the ereader, but doesn't know it's mounted and calls the (removed) mount-helper anyway? Or is it because the ereader is not mounted and the mount-helper that would have mounted it has been removed?

Any comments on the differences between Win/OSX and Linux distros in this regard would be appreciated.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote