View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #24
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I am also reluctant to buy my first book from an indie author. What I mean is, if I haven't read the author's work before, I hesitate to buy. Too often the quality is not good when I have done so.
I've gotten ticked off with some big name authors that don't say a thing on the covers of their "newest greatest" book. They just assume that you will buy it so you don't need to know what the book is about.

With new authors you will get to read at least a few pages of the book. Some will let you read the first half of the book. So after a few pages, or a chapter or 2, you should know if you want to buy it.

Sometimes, though, I become so embarrassed by the quality that I just can't say a word. But that happens within the first page or 2, at most.

All in all my biggest complaint is that some of them don't write enough.

Last edited by SameOldStory; 05-28-2010 at 08:00 AM.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote