View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastesthamster View Post
I have a couple of books in a series (e.g. Dune Series). I recently purchased the Night's Dawn trilogy in a single volume, and was thinking how useful that would be for a lot of my other series. It's now a single entry in the awful Kindle system of book organisation.

So, if Calibre could take as input three books, say, and then output a single volume with a table of contents with links to the three volumes, that would be fantastic.

Thoughts?
That would be very clever. It migth even be possible. But until it's done, you could do it 'by hand':

Use the MobiUnpack script to unpack the books you want to combine, and then using Mobipocket Creator to rebuild as one omnibus, by moving the HTML into one folder, amending one of the opfs to reference all HTML files, and perhaps even tweaking the HTML to set a suitable tag for getting Mobipocket Creator to make a TOC that links to the individual TOCs in the books.

Well, if you're on Windows, of course. Mobipocket Creator doesn't work on Mac or Linux.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote