View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #37
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by corroonb
Don't you guys find it a little awkward to browse through so many books?

I usually keep only a small number of books from my e-library on the device at any one time because it's easier to find what I'm looking for.

No, because I've got my Collections information set up so I know exactly which one to go to, depending on what mood I'm in. Then they sort by series info in the title. I've also got Calibre set up to put the metadata in as the first page, so if I'm unsure I can pop in and out.

It never failed that I'd have a series or single picked out to go to next, but by the time I get to the end of the series I'm in the mood for something else. So I quit trying to predict what I'll want to read. I'd just rather have a lot with me and figure I've got everything covered.
I have way too many books on my reader, but it is no harder to find them on the reader than find them on the calibre library.

The reason I have close to 4000 books on reader is that I wanted to see if it degraded performance. Not significantly that I can see and I was down to 19.2 mb of free ram. So there they sit til I read them and I am happy with that.

I read a lot, maybe 10 books a week, and usually in bed at night where I don't want to get out or fiddle with the content server to change books. My other frequent reading is on public transport or a waiting room.

Plus my reading tastes are very wide, and I don't usually want to read the same type of book or same series or author one after the other. Even when I really like the books I tend to burn out and it's all blah, blah, blah after three or four in a row.

So unfortunately for me 6 books would not last me 3 days generally as I might read 2 or 3 and just not be in the mood for the other 3.

Oh well.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote