View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Having a problem with CBR/CBZ conversion

Kovid or others,

I'm trying to convert a large cbr file, but Calibre somehow seems to be misinterpreting the image dimensions. The images in the archive are not consistently sized, but most are approximately 1230 px tall by 850 px wide. I have tried converting the file both with and without the "keep aspect ratio" box checked, and both ways, I get the same results. The image is squashed from the sides, and black mostly noise is added (image attached). Can you tell what's going on?

Because it takes two hours for this conversion to run on my old G4, I've also tried "manually" re-sizing and reducing colors and making an archive with just 10 pages. THAT conversion errors off with the following:

Quote:
Job: Convert comic: Mauspages1to10
tuple: ('TypeError', u"'NoneType' object is not iterable")
Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/parallel.py", line 925, in worker
result = work(client_socket, func, args, kwdargs)
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/parallel.py", line 883, in work
res = func(*args, **kargs)
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/ebooks/lrf/comic/convert_from.py", line 391, in do_convert
pages, failures, tdir2 = process_pages(pages, opts, notification)
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/ebooks/lrf/comic/convert_from.py", line 272, in process_pages
pages, failures_ = job.result
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Log:
Found comic pages...
._Maus_1_001c.jpg
._Maus_1_002ic.jpg
._Maus_1_003.jpg
._Maus_1_004.jpg
._Maus_1_005.jpg
._Maus_1_006.jpg
._Maus_1_007.jpg
._Maus_1_008.jpg
._Maus_1_009.jpg
._Maus_1_010.jpg
Maus_1_001c.jpg
Maus_1_002ic.jpg
Maus_1_003.jpg
Maus_1_004.jpg
Maus_1_005.jpg
Maus_1_006.jpg
Maus_1_007.jpg
Maus_1_008.jpg
Maus_1_009.jpg
Maus_1_010.jpg
('TypeError', u"'NoneType' object is not iterable")
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/parallel.py", line 925, in worker
result = work(client_socket, func, args, kwdargs)
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/parallel.py", line 883, in work
res = func(*args, **kargs)
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/ebooks/lrf/comic/convert_from.py", line 391, in do_convert
pages, failures, tdir2 = process_pages(pages, opts, notification)
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/ebooks/lrf/comic/convert_from.py", line 272, in process_pages
pages, failures_ = job.result
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
Is this because of the Mac's "dot files?"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	616
Size:	356.7 KB
ID:	16599  
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote