Thread: TO THE CLOUD!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #10
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This thread sounds like an ad for cloud computing (or at least cloud storing)
Anyways what is the limit in size of files I can upload to dropbox ? is it free to use ? Can I create permissions for say friends to access my data ? how well protected it is ? can my private data be hacked ? and so on ...

Oh and perhaps the most important, this dropbox is a program (A client I assume) that you install on your computer and since it must certainly have firewall permission, could it act as a trojan horse and allow someone to access my computer by some backdoor ?

I'm asking all that because when you go to the dropbox website there is nothing but a video explaining the basics of what you can do with it and a download button, but nothing else which is odd.

Last edited by Quexos; 04-11-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote