View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Okay, that is just...wrong...

I'm no fan of Apple products and I thoroughly despise Jobs and the corporate culture he's built at Apple (to say nothing of the way he manipuates the mainstream media), but to categorize Apple buyers like that... No, that's just not *accurate*.

The Apple buyers I know, and I know quite a few, are anything but selfish.
Most are actually caring, active in the community, concerned about the environment...
Might as well come out and say it: liberals. Bleeding heart liberals, even.
Politics aside though...

Look, anybody that can drop US$500-1000 on a personal electronics device is by definition wealthy. And maybe even self-indulgent (which is by itself an over-statement), but selfish?

Nope.
Much as I dislike Apple fanboys' kneejerk worship of their toys that doesn't make them bad people.
And I see nothing wrong in being wealthy or spending your hard-earned money on personal toys. It's their money, they can spend it anyway they see fit.
Just because you couldn't catch me dead with an iPxxx is no reason to demonize another person.

What I want to know is who the heck this dude is? Mother Teresa reincarnated?
Jeeze, the things folks do for clickthroughs, these days.
Next!
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote