View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Well, that's what the Airplane mode and Wi-Fi On/Off switches are for. To turn off any electronic transmissions. What exactly would you rather a vendor like B&N do?

All tablets and their apps will do more or less the same in terms of tracking, no matter who the vendor is. Do you seriously think that B&N or any other app or device vendor has any interest about what you do or where you go apart from the device's or app's intended purpose? They couldn't care less.

And if you still think your tablet is a risk to your privacy, you don't have to own one. It's not like it's an absolute necessity in life.
--Pat
Well I already outlined what BN could have done in my prev post. They could have just given the right to own the device properly by providing admin rights by default. AN airplane mode is useless because anytime you enable wireless back (regardless of where you are) it will transmit back whatever was cached.

I also mentioned that this has nothing to do with me or any particular individual therefor I found your argument of device vendor`s lack of interest in particular individual baseless. Because an individual`s random behavior on a map does not bring enough insight, what they are after is crowd behaviour. That is how corporations get enlightened. What they can do with that data is beyond any regular consumer`s imagination, beside using to upgrade their systems, updating for consumer needs etc. On top of it they also have each indivual`s anon data, although I have hard time calling it anon data since one registers with the device id so they have your non-anon datas.

You claim that corporations are not interested in your or my boring life, which I agree, however that is not a strong argument to let them be able to record every movement of your life. Basically your argument is rather naive and half brainwashed and it is hopeful in post lost paradise world. I wish you best luck, however I would take enough steps to keep myself out of their crowd behavior games.

"And if you still think your tablet is a risk to your privacy, you don't have to own one. It's not like it's an absolute necessity in life. "

Books, a job, a wife, a kid, a husband, reading, , relationships, philosophy, poetry, religion, goverments, security cameras, politics etc, none of these are necessities of life either. There are only couple necessities in life. I would say that some water, some food and basic sheltering are the must haves.
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote