View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
adding paragraphs marks in search/replace

Often in converting a book from a pdf file into an epub, there are many instances of having two paragraphs run together. It's very disturbing to me when there are two paragraphs, one ending with a quote and the other beginning with a quote, that have been run together so that there is a " " or "" within a single paragraph.

Usually I edit these out using MS Word or EditPro, but occasionally I forget and end up with a largely completed epub with the offenders still present. I've tried to use search/replace with some sort of paragraph marker in the replace box but have been unable to find the proper expression. I have been simply finding in the epub a location where there is an invisible paragraph mark, copy that small section, and then substitute " where appropriate. This is a pretty cumbersome procedure and I wonder if anyone knows how to add a paragraph symbol in the replace box.

Last edited by bobcdy; 06-12-2011 at 03:06 PM.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote