View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 04:43 AM   #51
sjarrel
Edge User

I was on holiday in Scotland when the update Dingo suddenly appeared. Then had a little time to try things out. Meanwhile, there are already several strengths and weaknesses that the forummembers put forward.
I'll put here my experiences in a row.

The new version of the library is great. Especially the search function is a big advantage. The new layout is cleaner and easier to use.
The home is an improvement with the new bar. Very happy with the customizable menu bar.
The default browser is improved. The bar with the home button, back button and reader is an asset. I do not use the forward button and prefer to see that replaced by a bookmark button. I hope I don't get the 404-errormessage anymore.
Documents to Go (3.0) is well improved.
Fortunately, the keyboard is now functional. A possibility for a Dutch version would be wonderful.
I am very glad that there is a calendar now. The use of the reader side is very useful, but the view on the tablet is of some disappointment for me. I like to see in the monthly and weekly schedule my appointments at once as text (as in Jorte). The screen is large enough to clearly display this information. I would also like to import information and synchronize with other calendars like Google Calendar. So it's an add to the wishlist.
The ability to create your own wallpaper on the reader side is beautifully put. However, when I turn off the edge I see my wallpaper, but when I start again, the EE-page book with the books appears, later on the page changes to the EE-page with read / write / surf. That is fun for the first time, but I like to see my own wallpaper if I do not use the reader side. Even after a long press ont the switch-app button enters the EE page and not my new selected one.
The projector mode is a nice addition. I can not test it yet because I still have no adapter.
Storage: The manual says I can see the internal storage. However, I had the library moved to the SD card. Thus, the internal storage (3G) lost. I had hoped that after the update this would be available again. Is it still lost?
One surprise is certain apps are now full screen!
The improvement for battery use, I have not (yet) observed. I have the impression that there is no improvement on my device.
The battery icon still not provide percentage. I had hoped that this would be changed, so you do not have to use a separate app.
The speaker volume icon should be in the notificationbar. I haven't seen it yet. Not even when I'm playing music.
The new airplane icon when the wifi switch is off is handy!
The update apps via AndAppStore Download now! However, the update of Dolphin Browser does not work (?)
Disappointing is the fact that the reader still has no landscape mode. When I bought the eDGe I took it for granted that it would have that option, like all other readers I have seen. I really hoped this would be updated with Dingo. And if the annotation option is a problem then for the time being: even without annotation for landscape. After all it's a e-reader and not an e-writer for me.

The EE-team did a great job again. "Petje af". (As Dontpanic is from South Africa, he can translate that for the team.
I was, am and will later still be a very happy owner of the eDGe. Thanks to all!

Last edited by sjarrel; 09-03-2010 at 04:50 AM.