View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 02:20 PM   #6
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica
Some background : patch(1) is an UNIX utility usually used to merge some modifications into the source code of a released version of a program. And those files ("patches") are generated with the diff(1) utility. So the files are named patches or diffs.

Patches are usually geared to programmers or advanced users, not afraid of downloading source code and compilling it himself. It's really not very difficult if you have the right tools.

So this is a patch in the old UNIX way. In Windows is more common to say "patch" refering to a package of replacement files needed to upgrade a program.

And more to the point: search below for detailed instructions to how to apply the patch and compile the program (in Linux, that is what I've installed; in Windows+Cygwin it should be slightly different)... but the instructions are incomplete right now, as I've found that the patched poppler library fails to compile using gcc 3.3.5 :-( .

Anyway, in the next message I say how to get to that error

Thanks Antarctica for taking the time to explain.
Unfortunately at the 2nd post you have lost me....all that code is chinese to me

So there seems to be a some kind of error in the patch as it will not compile.
Hopefully it is not a big issue, because the ideea of the plugin is wonderful and i'd really want to see it in action
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote