View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Well I think it's a good idea, but branching the code is a bad idea. You'll never be able to keep up to Kovid's development schedule. Soon you'll have an obsoleted calibre

I'd recommend you work with Kovid's branch to allow the ability to run/apply a script to the eBook. Make the scripts downloadable or give the the ability to add a python script just like you can with a recipe.

As for shipping calibre with the DRM hacks, you'll probably get a law suit slapped or even criminal charges pressed. (not from here and I don't know how accurate this assumption is)

Try this approach
There is a company they make a product called "ArmyBuilder". They build armies for table top game systems. in order to get around copyright laws they don't ship the product with other companies table top rules and army lists. However after you install the product they have a feature that downloads the latest rules and armies from a remote server

Something like this is the best way to do it so calibre is free from any implications. Also having the ability to execute scripts on an eBook is a great feature to have as it will give a lot of flexibility to folks that want to enhance calibre without having to be part of the calibre project

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 12-19-2008 at 07:40 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote