View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
Chris Jones
Addict
Chris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five words

Device: none
Since I'm sober I won't even think of inflicting my German on anyone, so here goes...

Some of the file names in the zip'd collection such as ... Gänseliesel...1886.epub contain non-ASCII characters such as ä that happen to be latin1-encoded (0xE4). As a result, the (brain-dead) qt interface used by calibre fails to load the e-book to its library. Worse, the qt dialog gives out a misleading "File not found" message instead of identifying correctly the problem via something like "Invalid file name".

So it's probably better to either use file names with 7-bit ASCII-only characters (such as ae instead of ä.. oe instead of ö... etc.) or make sure the file names only contain valid UTF-8 characters...

Anyway.. just an excuse to let you know that your illustrated Jung gefreit looks absolutely gorgeous both in the calibre viewer and on the Kobo Glo..!

Last edited by Chris Jones; 11-01-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote