View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #27
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
What do you NEED a Cell Phone for Anyway. How about SPENDING Times With your family & Stay OFF the Phone!
Good point. You are spending top dollar for family time. Use it.

I haven't observed this charge for WiFi in your rooms in the motels I stay in.

I guess I stay in cheap motels that don't charge for WiFi. WAIT, what is wrong with that sentence. ?? The cheap motels don't charge but the expensive ones do??

Anyway, your device will allow you to connect to the WiFi of your choice. You just need to determine which one is free if there is a free one nearby say down in the lounge or snack/ice/drink room.
I have an app that allows me to use my device as a signal meter and you can walk around your room and find the best spot to get a particular signal.
WiFi Analyzer is good.
WiFi Analytics is also good.
So maybe you only need to identify the signal down in the lounge.

Also sometimes you can pick up a signal through the window or wall from a restaurant nearby, a MacDonalds, or Pizza Hut, or even maybe a dinky motel like the ones I stay in, a Days In or Comfort Inn.

Now if you want to stream movies the cheaper setups might not have enough bandwidth for a lot of people. But email or headlines is not problem.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote