View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #144
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
Obviously you are locked into Amazon's system with the Kindle. You cannot simply decide to use some other reader tomorrow without losing the books you have acquired up to now or by having to break the DRM and to convert all those books to epub. Unlike what is being claimed here not all DRM is so easily broken nor are all books easily converted into other formats.
Yes. But only for DRM'd books purchased via Amazon from what I know and have observed. Because the Kindles are open enough to allow reading of non-Amazon acquired, non-DRM'd books which are in the correct supported formats, I simply do not consider this locked down. Rather, this is open enough for me.

I guess both viewpoints can be considered correct - its the old cup half-full/half-empty thing IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
I have actually experienced that mobi files are often more easily and better converted into BBeBs than into epubs.
Interesting. Will have to check that out and see. Thanks!
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote