View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
omskillet
omskillet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD Kindle Paperwhite
I purchased the entire Gibson family ( including light ) for commercial use on this book. Here are the answers to your questions!

1. On the Kindle Fire HD the characters ( J, &, Z and a few numbers ) are rendered in whatever font I have selected as default. Currently in my case Georgia

2. Yes all characters do scale when I adjust the font size on the device.

3. I ran the validator and got the following results. It says that each individual font is not included in the "package". Aside from the obvious of what its saying...the fonts are in the Sigil project when I open the epub there. I see them getting recognized in kindlegen as well. Quite strange...

ERROR OEBPS/content.opf 18 86 attribute "http-equiv" not allowed here; expected attribute "id", "name", "scheme" or "xml:lang"
ERROR OEBPS/content.opf 18 86 element "meta" missing required attribute "name"
ERROR OEBPS/toc.ncx 27 42 assertion failed: identical playOrder values for navPoint/navTarget/pageTarget that do not refer to same target
ERROR OEBPS/toc.ncx 33 42 assertion failed: identical playOrder values for navPoint/navTarget/pageTarget that do not refer to same target
ERROR OEBPS/Styles/style.css 5 2 'OEBPS/fonts/arezzodemi.ttf': referenced resource missing in the package.
ERROR OEBPS/Styles/style.css 11 2 'OEBPS/fonts/gibson-bold.otf': referenced resource missing in the package.
ERROR OEBPS/Styles/style.css 17 2 'OEBPS/fonts/gibson-light.otf': referenced resource missing in the package.
ERROR OEBPS/Styles/style.css 23 2 'OEBPS/fonts/gibson-lightit.otf': referenced resource missing in the package.
ERROR OEBPS/Styles/style.css 29 2 'OEBPS/fonts/gibson-regular.otf': referenced resource missing in the package.
ERROR OEBPS/Styles/style.css 35 2 'OEBPS/fonts/gibson-semibold.otf': referenced resource missing in the package.
ERROR OEBPS/Styles/style.css 41 2 'OEBPS/fonts/louisiana.otf': referenced resource missing in the package.
ERROR OEBPS/Styles/style.css 47 2 'OEBPS/fonts/minionpro-regular.otf': referenced resource missing in the package.
omskillet is offline   Reply With Quote