View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by comox View Post
Thanks.

After 6 years of heavy use with diverse applications I am pretty sure I do not have hardware problems. And I have not seen a blue screen for 8 weeks since I dropped max process to 2. I have seen repeated crashes, say one every 2 hours, but frequency is highly dependent on epub content.

I will find an epub that repeatably crashes and send to you.
If you have not run Memtest86+ , I highly recommend it.
I was getting (very) occasional BSOD's , then it became common. I started Memtest 86+ and did not have to wait long
Red item started showing.. 1 Stick (of a matched pair ) had gone belly up.
Memtest86 comes standard on a Ubuntu Live (bootable) CD as well as a standalone ISO (to burn your own)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote