View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
vans
Zealot
vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Elonix 621eb, Asus Transformer, Sony PRS505
Macular Degeneration - big font high contrast

I have just come back from the Low Vision clinic and a 90 year old relative is now looking for an ereader or tablet.

I would welcome suggestions for eReaders with very large fonts, very good contrast and hopefully easy to use

In two related threads I have received some excellent help but now I would like specific hardware suggestions. My relative is mobile, but I cannot take her to lots of shops to try lots of different eReaders so I need to target the eReaders.

She read successfully from a 7" HTC Flyer with font set to be about 5mm high (excluding the height of ascenders or descenders). So in landscape there was about 7 lines of text on the screen. My concern is that an Android tablet might be too complex for her so before I go down that route I want to first look at e-ink

Thanks
vans is offline   Reply With Quote