Thread: bash for kindle
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #12
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Thanks for your help!I decide study linux first .

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Even IF you know what you are doing, there are still some rules you need to follow:

You can "temporarily merge" things into the root fs using a "bind mount", which temporarily "replaces" a file on root with a file on mmc. See how I do that to replace /usr/lib/libc.so in my "tccmake" script using in my "simple tcc guide" thread.

Also, adding additional symlinks to root that point to files on /mnt/us is generally safe, but DO NOT link files into /etc/upstart until they are fully tested. An upstart script that returns error status can prevent OTHER critical scripts from loading during startup. And beware that symlinks are permanent, unlike bind mounts.

The IMPORTANT thing is to not use significant space on the root fs, which may be needed for firmware updates.

Unsafe changes to the root fs can brick your kindle (but we know how to fix that -- just rewrite the root fs partition).

I feel powerful because of 'but we know how to fix that'.
But I find that I need to study linux first .Then ....
Thank you for help.

Last edited by xueyou2; 04-21-2012 at 08:55 AM.
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote