View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #15
SilverBear
ἄρκτος ὁ Μέγας
SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibje View Post
Hi all.

I wasn't hiking across the Sahara, but I did work 60 to 80 hours every week for the last few weeks.

As you might know (or not) I am a network engineer by profession.
The last 6 months I have been working towards the migration of the network environment of a multinational, which happened during the last 2 weeks of december and the first week of januari.

Now that the storm has passed I've found a moment to look at the consequences of the booxusers.com crash.

Things are not looking good. To make matters worse, my last good backup is hopelessly outdated. More recent backups were also affected in the crash.

I have installed a new OS and webserver on a seperate VM and will post an update on booxusers.com later today. I might need all the help I can get to get the data back, so if you have extensive linux knowledge, I might need you.

Sincerely,

Ejal (aka kib)
Hi, Ejal!
I'm happy to hear that the booxusers.com SNAFU wasn't anything seriously bad happening to you personally.

I have some Linux knowledge, and am very willing to assist you in whatever way I can. I'm mostly self-educated, though --not a database engineer or anything as useful as that. If we hit a serious problem, I can try to enlist some aid from other people I know in the Linux user community.

I've found Booxusers.com to be a GREAT resource, and I want to do whatever I can to help you keep a valuable project going.

--John, AKA "SilverBear"
SilverBear is offline   Reply With Quote