View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #47
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Those kinds of sellers in my eyes aren't of much help to me because after the initial sale, my product is easy to give away.
Don't kid yourself... your product is just as easy to "give away" regardless of who's doing the selling. The various DRM schemes can be simpler or more complicated, but they've all been broken... with the exception of Apple's Fairplay DRM (which I'm sure would change if iBooks were to suddenly become more competitive in the ebook game). So if security to keep your product "safe" from being given away is your number one priority, you'd be better served going exclusively through iBooks. It's just not possible (at the moment) to bypass their DRM. Just remember that obscurity is much more damaging to an author's chances than casual sharing ever could be.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote