View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #20
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I disagree, but you're perfectly entitled to your opinion. The fact that a 10" tablet with 300dpi costs only 20% more than the mini is proof that you could give the mini retina display without costing the earth. There is also a 5" phone now with a 1920x1080 (440 dpi) screen, so the technology is there, whatever reasons apple had to go with a low dpi, technology limitations were not one of them.
I believe the reason Apple didn't want to put a retina display in their mini is because it would have really cannibalized the iPad sales. I don't think it will ever have a retina screen. There would be a lot of people that would purchase the mini instead of the iPad it's cheaper, unless you really need screen real estate.

I'd have purchased it if it had better specks and would have been content and never even consider purchasing the iPad. I believe there are a lot of people like me and Apple knows this.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote