View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #15
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why would you expect "new" functionality in the bug fix update such as this. You knew the capabilities of the system when you bought it; Sony have no obligration to provide you with new stuff free of charge. These updates are to fix bugs, and that's what they do.
And I have no obligation to buy Sony again. Why should Sony? Because that is what aggressive competitive businesses to do get you to keep buying their products. Because enough customers felt cheated that the product did not have it to begin with. Rokku, Slingbox, Tivo, Apple, etc... all provide frequent updates which add functionality. As a result people are exited to buy their new product. I'm pretty sure that if a new competing product with more functionality comes out, many people here will switch since Sony has generated very little loyalty through their non-responsive, non-supportive approach to this product. And, insofar as the folder option, a simple "Turn Folders On/Off" in setup avoids that problem.
Love my reader with all its faults but don't have that warm and cuddly feeling about Sony that will make me come back again.
That said, update went fine. Lets hope it doesn't break something else like the last one.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote