View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
I got my Kindle 4 last Christmas, I got my Kindle Fire HD this Christmas, so I have both However, I use them completely differently because each has its own advantages for specific functions.

What I Use My Kindle 4 For
  • Reading Amazon books
  • Side-loading non-Amazon books
  • Reviewing ARCs
  • Sending personal documents to read (fanfic, papers, articles, etc)

Advantages Over Kindle Fire HD
  • Longer battery life
  • Ability to use collections (I have so many books, and from so many different sources, that I need them in different collections to keep track)
  • Focused purpose

What I Use My Kindle Fire HD For
  • Reading comics (Color! Wonderful!)
  • Media consumption (Movies, music, apps, quick time-fillers)
  • Reading the borrowed Prime novel of the month (my free month is ending on Sunday and I won't renew, but it's easier to read those novels on my Fire)

Advantages Over Kindle 4
  • Color, color, color
  • Quick ability to cross-check something online that I run across when reading
  • Easier to buy books on the device

So, I enjoy both of my devices and the functionality both provide me. It's been great expanding my Kindle family. My life changed when I got my Kindle and it's changed again since I got my Fire HD
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote