View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I honestly think we're heading toward a device that is like an iPod Touch or Smartphone, but Kindle-sized. The iPod Touch/iPhone is not a bad reader in its own right, but people who are serious readers seem to prefer bigger devices similar to the size of a book (I know my big complaint with the Touch was that for reading when not completely still e.g. at the gym, I got dizzy with the smaller screen and need something book-sized). So I think what we will see is not so much a 'reader' but rather three levels of 'computer' become the standard:

- Your desktop machine, where you do your serious work and run your media
- Your netbook, which will replace the current 'laptop'
- Your tablet, which is ebook-sized and will be used for casual net surfing, and on the go media (books, videos, mini-apps etc.)
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote