View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 09:18 AM   #98
jscarbo
Addict
jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW2, Nook HD+, Nexus 7
I didn't vote for the retro fanzines but had no trouble voting for the novels, novellas, novelettes or short stories. Fortunately, I'd already read most of them multiple times over the years and was very familiar with the entire body of works of all of the authors. I agree that many don't stand up very well to the test of time and seemed dated by today's standards but I felt that I had to judge them by the standards of their day and by their influence on the genre and on other writers.

Best editor, artist and dramatic presentation were also no-brainers for me. How could you not vote for John W. Campbell (at the time he was editing not only Astounding but also Unknown), Virgil Finlay, and for Orson Wells "War of The Worlds".

Last edited by jscarbo; 08-01-2014 at 09:22 AM.
jscarbo is offline   Reply With Quote