View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
JoppyFurr
Coding fuzzball
JoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseJoppyFurr juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wl. View Post
JoppyFurr, did u think about porting something like xterm+matchbox-keyboard?
Nope. I didn't consider porting any existing software.

One of the things I want to do with this project is to get a more in-depth understanding of how a terminal emulator works. I want to do this by doing things by hand, making my own mistakes, and learning from them.
Porting an existing program would be plenty quicker to get working. But I just don't think I'd have learned very much from doing that. While the end product will be a working terminal emulator either way, I'd like the experience of doing this from scratch.
JoppyFurr is offline   Reply With Quote