View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 02:37 AM   #6
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In a fit of depression over the present state of Sigil development I used at couple of hours yesterday to idly search for possible alternatives - there being of course none right out of the box.

But I stumbled over this:

https://blogs.oracle.com/geertjan/en...b_open_toolbox

which looks promising. There are probably more Java programmers out there than C++-ditto willing to delve into such a project (my personal favourite when it comes to translating, OmegaT, is written in Java, and is a very mature and stable product and keeps getting better). I know some people scoff at Java and won't allow it on their machines - well - I don't, it's used by the state and other official institutions, banks and so on for a security system here in Denmark, so there's really no way of getting on without it.

Anyway, with a Java authority like mr. Welenga (if he could be interested in this), it just might be possible to port Sigil's functionality to Java - and develop it further? - or am I being too optimistic?

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote