View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #15542
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Now I'll be tackling another independent novel. This time by Tony Bertauski. It's called Halfskin. Genetic engineering gone awry?! I can do that. It sounds like it could be good, so we'll see how it goes.
This was a really good read. Just towards the end it fizzled a bit and became a little aimless - or something. Then I realised the author is planning to make this a trilogy. Personally, I would have kept this as a standalone and had a more conclusive finish. The story arc does resolve somewhat, but the author has obviously kept things at a bit of a simmer for the sequel.

Today I started Mr Shivers by Robert Jackson Bennett. It's one of the many paperbacks in my bookshelf that has sat there unread for quite some time. Anyone read this before?
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote