Thread: Seriousness Tragic news about Patricia
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #248
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Yes, no banner.
People who knew her would find out afterwards anyways, no revering a person like a saint, she would not have wanted this, nor do I think it's an appropriate behavior, even though I can understand the sentiment behind it.

There already is a banner posted on the upload book forum (how I got to this thread), which is good enough for those who knew her to know about her situation, and those who don't know her, to not be disturbed about it.
Indeed we knew her, but I can't imagine having hundreds of names on the MR list I have never before heard of!

However, in rememberance of some members, though the list may be small, it might be an idea to have a thread pinned down as a sticky in offtopic forum, including the reported names (usernames and/or real names if desired) and dates of the passing away of the members.
A thread for all members. But I'm sure if there's anything good out in the world, that there have to be some users abusing the system, and causing legal disaster; just like facebook got sued for:
1- showing a birthday indicator of a 3 year old deceased person,
2- Showing inactive members as deceased (after they've been reported as deceased), and those members returning to facebook finding their own profile declares they are dead!

Seeing the legal side of issues, I think it's better to leave things as they are!

Last edited by ProDigit; 05-21-2012 at 11:25 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote