Thread: Wanted features
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 02:35 AM   #241
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
A good low-power LED has power consumption of 2mA [miliAmper] at 1.9V. The battery can provide 2mA at 3.7V for 500 hours. So ... the battery could power the LED for 35 days of continuous light (using step-down converter with 90% effectiveness)
Indeed, but my main concern isn't that it draws power but that its an annoyance, one we should have the ability to turn off.

You've mentioned kindle and sony owners but are any of them actually negatively impacted by not having this LED ?
If you're planning on loading some books would you really load less books into your device simply because it might take some power initially to index them ?
Does the fact that it might take more power really prevent you from changing the font size to try and find a comfortable fit ?

The point being that while the LED might be informative, 99% of the time, it only reminds you of what you can see with your own eyes.

As I mentioned this seem more like a debug mode, helpful to the developers who can do something about an unexpected or unnecessary power drain.

You love this feature ? can't live without it ? I'm only asking for the ability to turn it off.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote