Thread: PRS-350 I Still think it's great
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #76
Yamada
Enthusiast
Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad; K1/2/DX; Some Sony thing I bought at Yodobashi
I'm sorry about that link violation in my last post. It was a user manual I found that illustrated the memory cards, which impressed me.

Anyway, I got a 650 and put the PR+ on there. Wow, what a difference. It might be my imagination, but paging is faster and fonts seem a little smoother, too.

Thanks for the thread, I got myself a nice little ereader for a couple 'a more years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Actually one of the things I really like about them is that they don't have wi-fi access--don't have to worry about "big brother" collecting information about my reading habits and purchases. Also don't have to worry about unexpected updates being sent to my system messing up my settings.

I do have PRS+ installed on both of my readers and I agree with Ripplinger--nothing comparable so far as far as customization.
Oh, I hear you. I was looking hard at the TRS-1 or the 2 for the Android OS, open source and all that. But the wifi is already absent, the thing is already customizable, and I like the device better than what I played with at BB. I see what people are talking about.

Last edited by Yamada; 05-08-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Yamada is offline   Reply With Quote