View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #32
cubemike99
Enthusiast
cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Space seems a likely candidate, except for the fact that anything ipkg installs should be installed to /opt/*. And /opt/* actually lives inside that .img on /mnt/us. I even bothered to specify ipkg's tmp directory as /opt/tmp, which is also inside the img on /mnt/us. To find out what was going on, I cross checked the files inside the python3.ipk and what was being put into /opt/*. It seems like something to do with extracting files to /opt/lib makes the kindle choke, as I see 40 odd MB of stuff to do with python on the kindle before it freezes, whereas there's 60 odd MB in the actual ipk archive. It may be something as silly as being unable to deal with the very large number of files. Next, I'll try to put the libs there myself without faffing around with ipkg.
cubemike99 is offline   Reply With Quote