View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #380
lgvenable
JBL Pro/Kindle Enthusiast
lgvenable has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lgvenable has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lgvenable has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lgvenable has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX at 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
ever had any issues with registration, everything worked as before. can you explain what you mean exactly?
I was in Atlanta at Hartsfield Airport, and tried to access a sample of an ebook I was thinking of buying. My Kindle DX is at 3.2.1, and it gives the message "in order to purchase from the Kindle store you must first register your kindle to your amazon.com user account. Please go to settings to register"
Thing is I registered it and it shows registered, but that was under firmware 2.5.8; do I jus need to de-register and re-register; or does someone have an edit on an OS file we can use to make a 2.5.8 registered kindle think its registered, even though its at 3.2.1.

I'd hate to give up the ability to buy via browser and whispernet. I really like 3.2.1; its perhaps a little slower on the initial bootup; but after that no issue.
lgvenable is offline   Reply With Quote