View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
1. how you know it's a duplicate ( e.g. from memory or via a database search)
I'm pretty sure he does it from memory.
Quote:
generally, I am commenting that is very difficult to find stuff in the bugs database, without knowing ticket numbers.
The search works fine, but it's not really designed for giving you any help. You ask for help here.

Quote:
starson - all help gratefully received - please see my thread on double L and also a related post I tagged onto an older thread.
I've posted help in two double-l threads today.

Quote:
I am pretty sure
1. it's not a ligature issue ( because of a) googling, b) Kovi'd statement that those were fixed last year c) other evidence in threads
Those won't really tell you if that's the problem. Googling tells you nothing about your specific problem. The fix fixed only some, not all, and other threads are not really determinative. You'll need to look at your file, but it's possible there is no true fix for your issue.

Quote:
2. othere have the same bug ( because I see other "duplicate" rejected tickets in bug database that read just like my issue) - but I cannot find the original bug report that they are duplicates of !
Yes, some are old and were fixed, some can't be fixed until the new PDF engine is finished.

Quote:
in parallel to posting, I have pretty much regexed all the L+space instances out of the doument in sigil, but it's taken ages, and lots of special case, , so I'm hoping to understand the root cause if case I ever have another pdf with similar issues. I've not seen it in any other pdfs to date taough.
Try selecting the text in the PDF and pasting it into an ascii text editor (notepad) so you can view it - see if it pastes in correctly.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote