View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
A. B. Syed
A. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-booksA. B. Syed has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle on ipad
Wonderful review received for The Adventures of Bruno Penny

Couldn't put it down, read it with my cornflakes! 18 July 2012
By Foundhisscare
Format:Paperback
I am a fan of crime novels so I thought I would give this new author A.B. Syed a try.

Bruno Penny is a typical 10 year old boy who like many schoolchildren, is dreading the long Summer holiday
stretching out before him. Particularly so since his sister Emma has gone to stay with a friend;
("How come Emms can make friends so easily with people who live far away!......I'm not even allowed a computer in my own bedroom ...its soooo not fair!"). Although fortunately for Bruno his friend Milo Shot lives only 1 floor above.

Amazingly, while Bruno is sulkily contemplating his bowl of cereal one morning, his father reads in the local paper that there has been a robbery at the local museum in Knesington Square. This was a special exhibition organised by the curator Carl Rosenfled, of rare and expensive art treasures including" the famous painting by the celebrated artist Hugo van Cough..... who while going through his depressed period even shaved off his own eyebrow!!!!"

Bruno, whose hero is the great detective Sherlock Holmes, is very excited about this and sets out to catch the dastardly criminals himself. Accompanied begrudgingly, at first, by his friend Milo, (he has other plans for the holiday!!!!?????) and his pet rabbit Dr. Watson (who else!), Bruno sets off on a series of red herrings and adventures. Milo discoves that computers not only have chips but fried chicken and ice cream too!! No chilli sauce Milo!!

Who is the mysterious Norbert de Strangle? Who is the new tenant on the top floor with the domineering personality and faint smell of glue?

Written in a straight forward, no nonsense style, "Bruno Penny .." is full of jokes, believable characters evil villains and technological gadgetry to make even James Bond jealous. It is the ideal antidote for your pre teens on a couple of wet afternoons. I will definitely be looking out for other work from this author.
A. B. Syed is offline   Reply With Quote