View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
My titles in my catalog do not use the A or The to sort. Check out the Preferences - Tweak area and choose the tweak that allows you to sort so a title like "The Client" sorts under C for Client and not T for The.

I am in the middle of a large conversion so I can't be more specific.
I believe that tweak is "Control Sorting of Titles and series in the library display". I have not changed it and it is set to "library order." When I'm in calibre and looking at the library display, if I click on the Title column it will sort the titles like this: "Client, The". That's good, that's what I want.

I'm trying to create a list of books that are on my kindle. So I first click on the Title column, than I click on the Device Column. At the end of the list are all the titles on my kindle properly sorted. I select them and generate a catalog in csv format using only the title field.

When I open the csv file in excel, the Title field contains data like: "The Client". And the csv list is not in any order. So in excel I sort on the Title column and I end up with all books beginning with "The" together.

The problem is that when selecting what columns to use to create the CSV file, the "Title Sort" field is not offered. The catalog is created with titles containing leading "The's" and the like.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote