View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
Glottalpoly
Enthusiast
Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glottalpoly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
I have been trying again - e.g. to make some screen shots. Unfortunately after three hours I still cant get CC to talk to Calibre. I will post what I am doing - basically exactly what it says in the help file. I dont have "Where's My Droid" running now so maybe it was just coincidence that it connected after I stopped the "Where's My Droid" app.

I am not complaining about the $3 - as I said - I would happily pay ten times the price for software that does what I want.

NO I dont expect it to update the PDF metadata within the PDF ! If I want that capability, as per my original post , the option is to export the catalogue from Calibre, then generate batch PDF metadata edit commands for a PDF editor. If I do that - I dont need CC at all because Aldiko etc will display correctly anyway (and whether I use CC or not - I still need a reader on my ereader) !
[See "Option 2" https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1#post2310252]

I am looking for a product that will function standalone on my Droid (i.e. provide read access to books while not connected) and provide the (key) searching capabilities (e.g. by author, by title) that I have in Calibre - WITHOUT having to recatalogue everything. (MUST HAVE). [Ideally ALSO "Subject" search - I have used custom Dewey Subject Classification in several thousand books].

As the books are LARGE PDFs (up to 4,000 pages & technical with images) I have space to copy the library to the Nexus but I CANT duplicate the library on the Nexus at the same time (e.g. copy with CC AND import it into another product) . FYI One book is 0.5GB - which severely drains my 32GB Nexus space !
Glottalpoly is offline   Reply With Quote