View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:19 AM   #13
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Screen contrast difference between 300 and newer "Pearl" screens is overrated, imo. 300's already had a bit better screen than 505s and "Pearl" is again an improvement, but not as drastic as I'd wish. If there is enough light for x50 models, then it's also there is enough for 300 as well. Both are still way behind usual books.

If price difference is only a couple of dozen bucks, 350 is the only choice.

Quote:
Surprisingly I liked the small unit and also the new software over the 600. I absolutely love the fact I can put pictures on the screen in sleep mode.
By the way PRS+ (custom firmware) for 600 allows you to have pictures in sleep mode. Actually it even works a bit better than on x50, as you can use different pictures for landscape or portrait modes. (there is no standard way to rotate images in the reader, unfortunately)
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote