View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #10
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredump-EE View Post
Positive. The image must be 800 by 600 WxH. The original screen orientation during boot is landscape.

If you want your image to look good in Portrait mode you need to rotate the content accordingly. Have a look at the original image files used to create the logos avove.
Thank you for the original images, I now know what my starting point must be.

Quote:
Second, is there a way to edit the image on Windows?
Very likely. But since I do not run Windows, I wouldn't know how to go about it.
I have no problem with editing images; I regularly make my own desktop wallpapers so that wouldn't be a problem. I meant if I could convert the image into the proper format (.img) using a Windows program, but your answer makes it clear you can't help me with that.

Quote:
The "convert" command above does quite a bit more than just resizing. It turns your RGB or indexed image into RGBA and even swaps a few color channels around. logo.img is its own dedicated image format.
Yes, but how do I access the "convert" command? I went to the ImageMagick website, where it was suggested to download ImageMagick-6.6.7-0-Q16-windows-dll.exe binary release, which I did and installed, but there are no options to convert anything, and saving an image leaves me with a 0 bytes file. How does one access those options on the Windows version of the program? (The attachment will show you the options present in it; sorry for the confusing way it looks as I simply pasted various screenshots next to each other.) Verifying its message digest? Where? How? Typing the listed commands into DOS gives me a message that "$magick> is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Or alternatively, are there other image editing programs that can open and edit .img? A quick search on Google didn't give me any answers.

Quote:
Is there another way to simply replace the logo with our own image, and if not, is it something we can request as a feature?
I'm afraid my how to here is as simple as it is ever going to get, short of somebody writing a GUI frontend for it.
Bummer. I was set on editing that image, perhaps creating some of my own later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kCgtd.png
Views:	617
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	64865  
citac is offline   Reply With Quote