View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
I have some questions. First off: are you sure the image must be 800 pixels wide and 600 pixels high? Shouldn't it be the other way around, otherwise it would be wider than it's taller?
Positive. The image must be 800 by 600 WxH. The original screen orientation during boot is landscape.

Quote:
Or if it does, if I make my own image, do I have to orient it in a specific way to avoid my text and/or logo or symbol or whatever I choose looking upside down or turned to the side?
If you want your image to look good in Portrait mode you need to rotate the content accordingly. Have a look at the original image files used to create the logos avove.

Quote:
Second, is there a way to edit the image on Windows?
Very likely. But since I do not run Windows, I wouldn't know how to go about it.

Quote:
I downloaded the ImageMagick Windows version, but other than resizing it to your specification, I can't find an option to save it as an .img file. Or do I simply change the extension name? And how exactly do I get the image to be 1920000 bytes?
The "convert" command above does quite a bit more than just resizing. It turns your RGB or indexed image into RGBA and even swaps a few color channels around. logo.img is its own dedicated image format.

Quote:
Is there another way to simply replace the logo with our own image, and if not, is it something we can request as a feature?
I'm afraid my how to here is as simple as it is ever going to get, short of somebody writing a GUI frontend for it.
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote