View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietone View Post
1) An extra field to hold copyright info. I teach adults and I'd like a quick way to search for materials I can distribute and those I can't.
You could add a new tag (called Dist, for example) to each book which is distributable. Then if you type tag: Dist in the SearchBar, Calibre will only display those books which have the Dist tag.

Quote:
2) Shortcut keys, please. For me, the interface is very mouse dependent.
There are quite a lot of shortcut keys already. If you highlight a book in the Calibre window and right-click the mouse you will see what they all are.

Quote:
3) Ability to enter a published date directly. I only get the little calendar and it is a nuisance when entering older works. I haven't even tried to put the original publication date of "Emile", 1762.
If you double-click a published date you can overtype the date directly without the calender coming up. Just don't click the little arrow on the right.

Hope some of this might help
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote