View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 02:22 AM   #15
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
Hi chaley. This is an excellent app and I use it religiously; thank you for providing it at such a low cost. I've been wondering for a little while as to whether there are any plans to integrate an ability to 'see' books inside their separate Calibre libraries within CC, and if this is even at all possible (given that programming isn't my area of expertise!).

I have three separate libraries within Calibre, and though re-tagging my books in Calibre itself is an acceptable solution for CC management, it's not as suitable as being able to switch between libraries. As I said, I don't know if this is even possible given the limitations of programming languages - but if it is, would there be a possibility of it happening in a future update?
Thanks for the kind words.

Reimplementing calibre's virtual libraries in CC isn't practical because VLs depend on calibre's much more powerful search engine. That said, you can get most of the way there. The FAQ answer How do I see/use my calibre virtual libraries in CC?.

The method described in the FAQ answer work because CC's searches act a lot like calibre's VLs. When you do a search in CC, all the books that do not match are removed from the grouping results, along with their categories. For example, if you have a tag "Foo" and long-press that tag in grouping to search on it, you will no longer see in grouping authors of books that do not have that tag.

What you can't get from CC that calibre has is searching on the VL. Calibre has multiple levels of search, while CC has only one.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote