View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #49
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
My understand is, yes, as long as it is a mobi document Whispersync will work on it just like it does for purchased content.

I read something about this not working on the software, but just on the devices. I could be wrong about that though.

BOb
Ability to download from Personal Document storage is restricted to Kindle Keyboard (K3, when it is updated), Kindle ('K4') and Kindle Touch. I assume you will be able to push the content to the other Kindle devices and apps from MYK but that capability is not available yet.

'Auto-deliver' is restricted to Kindle devices which are associated with the new, account-specific send-to-kindle email address. I assume the older Kindle specific addresses will still work as before (except stuff will get archived as well if you have that option turned on).

Maybe this was always the case, but it looks like you can't address more than 15 Kindle send-to addresses at a time. So ad-hoc 'subscriptions' (e.g. book club email groups, etc.) will have to take that into account. I subscribe to something called 'deliverreads' that gets sent directly to my Kindle's email address, and I hope that I'll still continue to get their stuff.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote