View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:02 AM   #146
raist1976
raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raist1976 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
I think I have my version running well enough to release. I have never posted source online before, so bear with me.
It is a console application, done in C# (Visual Studio 2010), which hopefully isn't too inconvenient. I had intended it to be used for personal-use only so I have not bothered adding a GUI for it at this point.
Thanks for this, I'll dig into it and test it on Wheel of Time book 8, Path of Daggers, which is not X-Ray enabled on Amazon.

I have one question, what does the original script and your program (as weel as the Calibre Plugin) fetch from Shelfari ? The description without spoilers or with spoilers ?

I'm wondering this because I'm also suplemeting info on Shelfari for this book and I'm filling both spoiler-free excerpt and excerpt with Spoiler. But I wonted how big the except could be ? Is there also a way that we could add a parameter to fetch the spoiler-free description or the description with spoiler ?
But I think it would be best if it was the only spoiler-free description or else one would be wary of browsing through the x-ray info

Example of a description I filled on shelfari :

Spoiler-free description of Pevara: Sitter for the Red Ajah in Tar Valon.

Description of Pevara: Sitter for the Red Ajah in Tar Valon. She was friends with Seaine as a novice; the two maintained the friendship, although it was a bit restrained due to the constraints that the Red Ajah puts on its members about making friends outside the Ajah. She is short for a Kandori, and quite plump. She has dark eyes. She was once punished for voicing her desire to have a Warder; later, as a Sitter, when she was safer from the wrath of the Ajah, she openly suggested that Warders would make the job of a Red sister much easier. Seaine thinks she would have been happier as a Green. When she was small, many members of her family were killed by Darkfriends; it is for this reason that Seaine confides in her about searching for Darkfriends in the White Tower, as well as the reason she chose the Red Ajah; she thought it would be the way surest to let her hunt down Darkfriends.

Thanks.

Last edited by raist1976; 02-25-2013 at 05:14 AM.
raist1976 is offline   Reply With Quote