View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #76
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
My question: My device is Kindle so the vast majority of my files are mobi and azw (and those variations). Will epubsplit work on those files and if so, do I need to convert to epub, split then reconvert back to mobi?
As others have said, converting mobi/azw to epub, splitting and converting back to mobi/azw should work.

But I don't know how well. Conversion changes the contents to some degree. How much and how well depends on the source book and your conversion settings, mostly.

I would not trust a convert-split-convert-back process blindly. I'd try it for a book or two and see how it works. And even after that, you should examine the contents of all the split books you make, not just assume they worked as intended..

Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer, but I don't think there is one.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Removed user name from quote as it is no longer in service.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote