View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
freewheeling
Nameless Being

I returned the following message to Jeff Newcombe:

Quote:
Well, unless the software addresses the problem of making annotations it doesn't really change the situation. The thing is you almost have it. If leaving bookmarks allowed a longer "name" (say up to 250 characters) or a short name plus a note, that would work. But I can't afford to wait for you to develop that because the trial period is only 15 days. At any rate I'll contact your returns department today and arrange for the RMA.
I then called the number he gave me (1-718-728-3605) and spoke to someone named Abe Kahn at Technical Support and explained the problem. He then sent me an email with the following message:

Quote:
Dear Scott,

Thank you for contacting ECTACO Inc.

I regret to hear about difficulties with Jetbook Color Model purchase.

If you have any questions about using it please feel free to ask, in fact over 90% of return requests are resolved with just a little technical assistance.

If, instead, you decide on a return or exchange please follow this link to request a return: http://www.ectaco.com/rma

If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask!
Other than promising to develop the capability to insert annotations and save them, possibly connected with the bookmarking facility, I don't know what they could do. And with their short trial period, reputation on returns, and giving me something of a runaround I don't see accepting that unless they paid me some kind of fee for helping in their development process. So I submitted the RMA request online with the following reason, reflecting earlier communications:

Quote:
Unless the software allows making text annotations in all formats I can't really use it. The thing is you almost have it. If leaving bookmarks allowed a longer "name" (say up to 250 characters) or a short name plus a note, that would work. But I can't afford to wait for development.
So I'm helping them with their development, I guess. Anyway, I got an email with the following response to the RMA Request:

Quote:
We have received your request for an RMA number and one of our representatives will be contacting you via eMail within 24 business hours. Please make sure to add our domain to your 'safe-sender list' and check your junk mail box to ensure our messages are not missed.
So, we'll see.