View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #280
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
If I had a 1.05bn judgment against me, I would want a new trial as well. What have they got to lose? Except if the next jury decides to up the ante if they lost again.
That's not how damages are supposed to be decided though, according to various sites covering the legal aspects, the damages should not be used as a punishment. Which it sounds like is exactly what that jury decided to use it as.