View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #50
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A number of things. I find that the IR touch screen works extremely well, and I like the fact that you don't actually need to touch the screen; the merest brush of the side of a finger suffices to turn the page. As the previous poster noted, exactly the same IR touch screen is used on all the main brands of reading device.

The touch interface for the dictionary works brilliantly, to my mind. Far easier to use than it was on the K3.

I also doubt that anyone uses the "Back" button frequently enough to be concerned by the fact that it takes two screen taps rather than one to get at it.

It's all a matter of personal perception; I'm disagreeing with you, not saying that you're wrong.
Stop editing your posts while I'm writing, darnit!

And actually, I know many, many people who use their Kindle Touch as their Bible and aren't completely thrilled in the move from the K3 -> Touch. When you get older it's so much more convenient to bring a Kindle to church/study group than have a heavy bible with you. And since the Bible is arguably the most important book on the planet, it's very frustrating to use the Kindle Touch with it when there are footnotes galore.

I'm disagreeing with you, and... probably saying that you're wrong.

I kid, I kid. I do, however, think Amazon didn't do the interface justice.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote